Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 21

J. Carol Nash

TMC celebrated J. Carol Nash's birthday. When I first put the January calendar together I had not heard of him. I like supporting/character actors and always look at the opening credits for their names. J. Carol Nash did more dramatic films than the comedies that I watch. Supporting characters are in integral part of films. They generally have to work harder in a film than the stars and don't always get the recognition that they deserve.

In No Other Woman he played a lawyer who grills Irene Dunne. In Humoresque he plays John Garfield's father. In Back Hand he plays a police officer who guides Gene Kelly. Everyday, everyman roles. In Sahara (1/15 Lloyd Bridges) he played an Italian POW during WWII and had the best dialog of the film.

I feel that there should be more to this blog but I cannot find the words to describe his talent, his style. I am so in awe of his work and films that I cannot find the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment