Friday, January 14, 2011

January 13th

As I was watching Kay Francis films to commemorate the anniversary of her birth (I took the day off) on TCM and there was a advertisement for Cary Grant's birthday films 18th. This gave me an idea for a goal. I have never been an ambitious person, much to my parents dismay, and the life goals I have set have not worked out so well. I decided I would watch films and log stars birthdays on TCM. I know it is not the same as a goal to loose weight or save money or get a better job, but TCM makes me happy. Why not try a goal that I enjoy and like? Maybe accomplishing one goal will help somehow in my everyday life. Since most of the birthday celebrations are done during the week and not the weekend and I still have the boring job which seems to get more difficult every week, I will DVR programs to watch each night or save up for the weekend. I will write a blog about the person and/or film. I have always admired the people on the site who state they are going to watch all the films on the AFI list or all the Oscar winners, but I have seen most of the films that I want to see on those lists. Most people I know, family and co-workers would not understand this goal. Most of them don't really get me anyway. When people at worked asked me what I was going to do, I just said rest. I told people last year I was taking the day off to watch Thelma Todd films and they asked who that was and considered it a waste of a day off.

I am not sure at this point if I will go back to the beginning of the month (Elvis was sadly shortened to a double feature) or not. Since 31 days of Oscar takes precedence over Hollywood's birthdays I may have time to catch up. If TCM doesn't celebrate I will celebrate on my own. It is harder for me to keep straight the directors, producers, writers, supporting actors and crew members. So if over the year I miss someone let me know.

After doing a small amount of research I have found that TCM does not celebrate a lot of birthdays. I will do a small qualifier and state that I will concentrate on one person a day (I may list out the others) unless one of the people are stars of the month or have a special features for the month. That leaves room for more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment