Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 26

Happy Birthday to Robert Alda,William Frawley, Jackie Gleason, Betty Hutton and Tony Randall.

I think the first time I ever saw William Frawley was in I Love Lucy and then My Three Sons. To me he was always that man. A neighbor a grandfather. Then as I watched more films he would be there as a character actor. When TCM premiered the Jazz Singer with Al Jolsen, there he was. A young man with a full head of dark hair. My goodness the man was in films forever.

In watching a marathon on I Love Lucy, I paid particular attention to William. He is a great reactor to what is going on. Many years a go when I read a book on Lucille Ball I couldn't believe it when I read that William Frawley and Vivian Vance hated each other. They are such great actors that it does not show in the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment