Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10

Robert Wagner

I liked Robert Wagner in Heart to Heart. I watched that show every week when it first aired. The chemistry with Stephanie Powers was great and the story lines were well thought out. He has a very distinctive voice and incredibility handsome. He like Lyle Talbot is handsome at any age.

I woke up early and was able to watch a film before going to work, I could have exercised but what would not have been near as much fun.

I watched Let's Make it Legal. Robert plays a young married man living with his mother-in-law (Claudette Colbert) and working for his father-in-law (Macdonald Carey). The in-laws are divorcing and he is unhappy with his wife letting her mother do all the work. When he greets his mother-in-law he kisses her, but he does not kiss his child. When the child makes a noise he does look at her, but keeps eating breakfast. He has a really good role with a lot of dialog. He shows a great deal of range in the film: love, frustration, happiness, anger and exasperation.

When I got to work I had a very strange feeling. It was strange enough that I called my doctor and was able to get in the same day. I spent the afternoon having tests done. I wasn't really in the mood to watch movies when I got home but I decided I had to keep going.

I watched With A Song In My Heart. Susan Hayward sang to him twice: once in a nightclub and once in a military hospital. The first time he was a shy military man at the first blush of youth. The second time he was suffering from a physical injury and shell shock. He was the same man but two different personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment