Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 2 Ron Silver



Happy Birthday Broc Peters and Ron Silver.

To celebrate Ron Silver’s birthday I watched Reversal of Fortune. I have to admit July has been a strange month for me. I only watched about 2 weeks, mainly the weekend of the current events. I got a little too caught up in the had action and also disgust at our congress. We are the greatest nation, but we have a lot of problems. I decided that if I had to track down a film that I wanted to watch for someone that I would do that, even if did not see it on that persons birthday it would still be in their honor. One was Edie Falco (I did not think I could sit through the television series that she has appeared in) and one was Ron Silver. A great actor who does not have a lot of films on DVD.

My favorite role of Ron Silver is probably Rhoda. He was on the later seasons after her divorce. Those seasons are not yet out on DVD. I chose Reversal of Fortune since it was probably his biggest role. He played Alan Dershowitz the lawyer who Claus von Bulow portrayed by Jeremy Irons hires to take care of his appeal after he is convicted of harming his wife Sonny portrayed by Glen Close. Ron probably has the most dialog and is the most natural character. Claus was cold and aloof, Sunny was unconscious most of the film, but did have some dramatic moments of being cold and alcoholic. Ron played basketball, swore, was emotional, middle class, caring and dedicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment