Monday, June 6, 2011

June 5 Katherine Helmond

Happy Birthday Katherine Helmond and Mark Wahlburg.

To celebrate Katherine Helmond’s birthday I watched the first season of Soap. I was a preteen when the original series aired, but I remember watching it. If I remember right the last part of the final season did not air in Toledo OH where I lived at that time. A lot of the story was over my head and later on things got strange, but I enjoyed it. My favorite character was Benson portrayed by Robert Guillaume. I also liked ventriloquist Jay Johnson, who came along later in the first season. Almost every story line from day/night dramas and real life were in this series.

Katherine played Jessica Tate the matriarch of the rich family. She was like butterfly, but the heart of the family. She seemed like she was clueless about what was going on, but actually was in denial. Once she accepted what was going on, she was a stronger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment