Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31

For Richard Chamberlain’s birthday I watched Petulia. George C. Scott and Julie Christie are the stars of the film. Joseph Cotton and Richard Chamberlain co-star. It is a story that takes place in 1968 San Francisco. I was pretty much lost after the opening credits so there is no way I can describe the plot of the film. There are some interesting montages that are interspersed with psychedelic music and lava like painting on the camera lens. John Barry scored the film but there were songs by The Grateful Dead and Big Brother and the Holding Company. They could have performed the music in the film, but I could not tell.

Richard was very intense in his role and looked good. I should have stuck with my original idea of watching The Thorn Birds, no matter how long it takes to watch the whole program. My favorite mini-series of his is The Count of Monte Cristo, which happens to be my favorite Dumas story also.

It just occurred to me that my all time favorite movie is Slipper and the Rose, a musical version of Cinderella with Richard as the Prince. Why did I not watch that? I have obviously been working too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment